Step 5: Exchange Information with Other Parties Involved

Provide your name, address, phone number, vehicle permit number, and insurance information to other drivers who were involved in the accident, as well as to police officers or witnesses.

If you live in Ontario, now is a good time to call your nearest Collision Reporting Centre (CRC). You can find a list of addresses and phone numbers for Ontario Collision Reporting Centers here.

Note: use the CRC location closest to the site of the collision, not the one closest to your home. If the police are there, they can give you further directions.

Made possible with the support of the Ontario Media Development Corporation.

Skip to content